- Mettre en route la vidéo
- Cliquer sur l’icône « CC » (Sous-titre) en bas à droite
- Cliquer sur l’icône « Settings » (Paramètre) en bas à droite
- Cliquer sur «Subtitles » (Sous-titres)
- Cliquer sur « Auto-translate » (Traduire automatiquement)
- Sélectionner la langue de votre choix
Schreiber Council Meeting for May 10, 2022
Schreiber Council met for the first meeting of May 2022. The first order of business was to accept the minutes of the previous meetings held in April. All accounts for payment and bank debits were approved and ratified.
Under unfinished business a motion was carried to confirm the hiring of a band to perform at the heritage day festival in July 2022.
Committee of the Whole department reports:
- Budget variance report was scanned over by council and an explanation was provided by CAO Nathan Dias.
- Director of Operations report had no comments or concerns.
- OCWA waste water treatment report also glanced over but no discussion.
- Drinking Water inspection report was discussed. A meeting with OCWA will confirm details regarding the inspection process.
- Community Economic Development Report focused on the purchase of merchandise for the Discovery Centre. Promotional materials cost for brochure and booklet was approved. Summer hire attire for staff will proceed in the way of shirts.
- Senior Centre report and minutes were glanced at with a brief mention of the spring fling barbeque event.
- Recreation and festival committee minutes resulted in concerns over updated budget to cover costs at the event. Canada Day event suggestion that council and mayor volunteer for an outdoor barbeque and involve local businesses.
Resident wanted to know what questions can be asked during question period and what is the procedure. An explanation followed and the CAO offered some updates and suggestions.
Various letters and concerns are received from different municipalities in the form of requests for support.This week over 28 letters were received. The public is not informed of the items as they are referred to by number only and seldom discussed. Some items are randomly selected depending on the interest showed by council. One item that was discussed was a request to support crime stoppers in a fund raising event. Item nine referred to concerns over transporting of nuclear waste, yet no time was given to discuss the issue.
The upcoming NAMO conference was discussed and a delegation will attend whether live or virtual depending on the future situation with COVID.
Schreiber Community Media est une organisation à but non lucratif créée dans le but de fournir des services de production médiatique et de formation aux habitants de Schreiber et des environs. Schreiber est situé sur la rive nord du lac Supérieur, à environ deux heures à l'est de Thunder Bay.
Le centre multimédia Schreiber se trouve dans la bibliothèque publique de Schreiber et comprend des outils pour l'enregistrement, la diffusion en direct et la post-production audio et vidéo.
Les bénévoles sont les bienvenus!